Welcome Fall!


Fall officially came last month but we didn’t really feel its presence till October came. It means longer nights and a significant change in the temperature so it will be cold and so we find comfort in warm or hot food like soups, casseroles, pies and the likes. My welcome tribute to fall should be Crispy Oven Baked Chicken, Meatballs and Conchiglie Soup and Blueberry Coffee Cake with Streusel Topping & Pecans. Actually, they just happened to be because they’re easy to prepare. I am now doing a summary of what I made the last couple of days when cooking is a must but blogging is bust.

I have a tray of chicken thighs and legs which I marinated overnight in lemon juice, salt and pepper and my 21 seasoning salute.

Then I baked it for about 40 minutes until the skins are golden and crispy. I know it's sinful to eat the skin but at least it's oven baked not fried lol. The meat is perfectly seasoned and succulent inside.


For a change I didn't use chicken for my soup but used beef meatballs which I browned first then I added onion, celery, carrots and chicken broth. I have a box of conchiglie- a little break from the elbow macaroni I normally use I make pasta soup. It was delicious in its simple clear state but used half and half in the end. I guess I'm so used to pasta soups with milk.


Coffee cake! It’s the best time of the year to make them. It’s not written in stone that it has to be eaten with coffee- it’s yummy with tea as well. It’s been a while since I last made coffee cake and I was curious for a while. .. how it will turn out. I have quite a lot of good memories with my blueberry coffee cake and how it never fail to please. It disappeared fast so I guess it was okay.

Comments

Popular Posts