Cinnamon Sugar Flatbread Pizza


It was already planned that I'd make something sweet for the last installment of my no-knead pizza dough in the fridge.

I have strawberries and blueberries which I macerated in sugar for the topping and I whipped cream cheese with powdered sugar to go with the berries. Sounds delicious, right?

And I whipped cream cheese with powdered sugar to go with the berries. Sounds delicious, right?

That was the quickest way to a delicious pizza! I just flattened the dough on a floured surface and poked it with the fork tines.

Then I sprinkled cinnamon sugar all over. Cinnamon sugar is basically granulated sugar mixed with ground cinnamon.

Then just bake it for 25 minutes at 375 degrees F in a parchment lined baking sheet, cool it a little bit then slather the top with the whipped cream cheese then top with the berries.

Actually, I wasn't able to do that- top the pizza properly. I just sliced them and topped them with the whipped cream cheese and berries as we ate it piece after piece. It was good sans the toppings.

Here's the recipe for the dough from Steamy Kitchen

2 3/4 cups lukewarm water
1 1/2 tbl granulated yeast
1 1/2 tbl salt
1 tbl sugar (I used two)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour

1. Mix the yeast, salt, sugar and olive oil with the water in a 5-qt bowl, or a lidded (not airtight) food container

2. Mix in the flour without kneading, using a large wooden spoon.

3. Cover (not airtight) and allow to rest at room temperature for about 2 hours. You can use the dough at this point, or refrigerate and use over next 12 days. If you refrigerate at least overnight, you’ll develop better flavor in the dough. If you only want to make 1 flatbread, just pinch off a grapefruit sized piece of dough to use…keep the remaining covered loosely in the refrigerator. You can freeze the dough as well…but I haven’t tried it, because honestly, it’s so good that the dough never goes unbaked for more than 4 days.

For the cream cheese topping:

Whisk together 1 pkg cream cheese with 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Chill before using.

For the berries, I just washed, hulled, dried and sliced the strawberries thinly, placed them in a bowl then sprinkled two tbsp sugar. Wash and dry the blueberries and just toss them with the strawberries. Just shake off the juice/syrup before using.



Comments

Popular Posts