First romance with the turkey


That was so last minute. I thought I’d make the usual baked ribs with all the works but seeing the fresh turkeys at the meat section last night, I changed my mind and decided I’ll take over the Thanksgiving preparation this year and with a bang. Yup, I'm on the getting-to-know-you stage with the popular Thanksgiving bird and I meant to make it really special. Let's see if we have any chemistry going on between us. Actually, watching too much turkey preparations on the FN is also a huge influence. Despite the turkey being bland and dry if you don’t cook it right, I felt I could make it nice and I’m actually challenging myself on this. I don’t really like turkey but if I enjoy eating it for the first time then maybe I’ve done a good job and I’ve arrived. But finding out is hours away still. It’s still brining in the big pot with brown sugar, sea salt, ice water, quartered lemons, oranges and purple onion, pepper, thyme, sage, savory and bay leaves.



Thanksgiving Menu

Baked/Roasted Turkey
Cornbread stuffing
Baked Mac & Cheese
Creamed Corn
Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Spice Pumpkin Angel Food Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

More later…..

Comments

Popular Posts