The Best Thing I Ever Ate Knock Offs

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I should be making a series of posts on The Best Thing I Ever Ate episodes which caught my fancy and triggered my foodie sensors to make my own versions of. I took a break from Claire Robinson although that sticky toffee pudding is not too far from reality. Your time will come baby!

Grilled Cheese Sandwich


Ina Garten said this is better eaten with Tuscan Peasant Soup but I am making the sandwich myself so I have the option to skip the soup this time. And honestly, I don't have the ingredients to make it. I guess I was so focused on the sandwich that I forgot all about the soup. So it will be featured on a future post. Anyway, I made my version of the intriguing and interesting sandwich this morning. I love it! Gruyere cheese made it different because of its nutty with a hint of sweetness taste. I will consider this cheese when I want to impress. But right now, I still have some left for my own selfish satisfaction he he he.


Bar Nuts


If you’ve see Giada Laurentiis and how she eats and enjoys her food, I’m sure you’ll understand why I’m so bent on making my version of the bar nuts from the Union Square Café which she ate with so much gusto in another episode of BTIEA. I was really drawn to it that I was craving so much for it one day, I had to get a bag or assorted nuts just to appease my craving. But that is not the same as having all the ingredients to make it close to the real thing. I will make it over the weekend and I did it today. The only thing I changed in the recipe was add another tablespoon of dark brown sugar and decreased the salt to 1 ½ teaspoon. OMG! They are so darn good, I’m afraid I’ll finish everything. I need to be stopped!

BAR NUTS

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups assorted unsalted nutsds
2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tbsp golden brown sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted

Directions
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
* Spread out mixed nuts on a baking sheet. Toast in the oven until light golden brown, about 10 minutes.
* In a large bowl, combine the rosemary, cayenne, sugar, salt and melted butter.
* Toss together mixed nuts and spice butter thoroughly and serve warm.

Comments

Popular Posts