Ube Pancakes


I should include this to my pancake series but, let me just call these Game #2 Pancakes. I will be making my Game #2 Cake later before the game. I made these to start the day on a positive, winning mode. I know... I know... I seem like someone possessed or obsessed but that's part of my ritual to attract all the good vibes for the game tonight.

I used my basic pancake recipe with just the addition of a tablespoon of ube flavoring. It must be nice if I have real ube in the pancakes and I have some but I am reserving that for my cake later. These pancakes are not lacking in flavor and serving them with butter and maple syrup kind of hits the spot. I think the flavoring will also blend well with whole wheat flour.

Ube Pancakes

Ingredients:
1/12 cups all-purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 large beaten eggs
4 tbsp melted butter
1 1/4 cups milk
1 tbsp ube flavoring

Directions:
Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl then add the wetingredients.
Add the ube flavoring and mix well till all lumps disappear.
Stir in melted butter
Over low heat, melt a little butter on a pancake griddle or non-stick pan. You will only do this for the first pancake just to grease the pan.
Pour 1/2 cup batter into the pan. Flip when bubbles start to appear. Cook for another minute then transfer to a platter. Repeat the process except again- addition of butter to the pan. The batter has butter in it already. Serve with butter and maple syrup.

Note: Just double the recipe to yield more pancakes.
Fold in 4 tbsp. sweetened mashed ube for bolder ube flavor



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts