Please bear with me ...

It’s only 3 or 4 more games and I can go back to real cooking. It is very hard for me to focus these days because I am so consumed by NBA Finals. Heck, I hardly even listen to music now- it’s all Lakers Radio or ESPN I am tuned to from morning till afternoon on my way home from work. It was like a pipe dream of sorts when I said I am baking a cake for each game in the final because now, I changed my mind because I sort of got burned when they lost last Sunday. It’s like celebrating too early in the series. So I guess, I will save the goodies after game 6 or game 7.

To err is human; to blog is divine...
That is one of the most popular clichés on earth, I think. I mean, to err. And to blog or write about it is just as divine. What could be more courageous than to chronicle a full account of the mistakes you did in your life? Later on, you can either laugh or cry about it while you mull over past meltdown. In this case, all my cooking and baking booboos.

Let me tell you what happened to my Game #2 cake which was put aside because I couldn’t find the time to finish it. I was on baking/cooking mode last weekend but for some reason didn’t put enough sugar to my cheesecake. I mean, I always make it a point to go easy on sugar when baking but for a cake not to have any sweetness at all is like capital crime. That, I found out today after my first bite so I had done some damage control and save it. Lazy me chose the easy route as usual and grabbed my jar of blueberry preserves. Laziness often times gets me in trouble :-) but I was thinking, how can I go wrong? Blueberries on my purple cheesecake and then I thought I’d top it with sliced mangoes and voila! Purple and gold. I loosened the preserves by adding a little water and brought it to a simmer. After cooling it completely, I spread it evenly on top. Nice color really!

And what a pleasant surprise! The sweetness of the preserves complements the ube in a way I never imagined. I was pleased with the result when I topped it with sliced mango because of the nice mixture of sweetness and light tang it added to the cheesecake. Still I have to make good on my decision to set aside baking any celebratory stuff prematurely. And again… just a few more games and life will be back to normal and so is my kitchen.

I think I will do a part 2 of this tomorrow ...

Comments

Popular Posts