Butter Roasted Garlic Spaghetti with Calamari Rings




When I saw fresh squid at the Asian market I imagined spaghetti with squid ink right away. I told myself, I’m just going to make a plate for myself. So I bought some and immediately worked on it when I got home. I cleaned them thoroughly, removed the heads, removed the ink sacs carefully and put them in a bowl. Then I sliced the squid into nice little rings, put the bowl in the fridge and did my other tasks. I didn’t cook the pasta yesterday because there was so much food. So this morning, I was ready to prep my black spaghetti only to realize I didn’t put away the bowl of ink sacs. Someone must have thrown it away. Who would have thought they’re ink sacs, they look really weird to people who are clueless about what they are. I must admit, it was my fault I didn’t put the bowl in the fridge or tell anyone about it. That’s how I had to change my recipe and did Butter Roasted Garlic Spaghetti with Calamari Rings. Here’s how I made it.



Butter Roasted Garlic Spaghetti with Calamari Rings


Ingredients:

1/2 cup unsalted butter

6-8 large cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced

2 cups calamari rings

12 ounces spaghetti cooked according to package instructions

Salt and pepper

2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

grated Parmesan-Romano cheese

2 tbsp sun dried tomatoes (soaked in olive oil)











Directions:

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. When butter bubbles, skim the foam from the top and discard. Add the garlic and simmer gently over medium-low heat until the milk solids on bottom of the pan are golden, about 20 minutes. Scoop the garlic into a small dish, leaving most of butter in the pan; set both aside.

Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions.

While the pasta is cooking, reheat the clarified butter in a medium skillet. Add the sun dried tomatoes followed by the calamari rings and cook over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in the garlic and add the spaghetti. Toss to coat well. Add chopped parsley and sprinkle generously with grated Parmesan-Romano cheese.
Serve and enjoy.

Comments

Popular Posts