Catching up on my blog

I haven’t blogged for days – not because I have nothing to write about. Just on thinking mode. .. So much happening around us. Memories of Haiti are not yet forgotten and waking up Saturday morning with breaking news about the earthquake in Chile is not my idea of a relaxing weekend. But thank God it wasn’t as bad as Haiti in terms of the damage of properties and loss of lives. I guess it’s because they suffered from a stronger one many years ago and somehow made upgrades in the structures of most homes and buildings. Still, lives were lost and properties damaged. It must have been terrifying to be there feeling the earth shaking at 8.8 and those seconds must have felt like a lifetime! In comparison, we in SoCal are indeed in paradise so let’s continue praying for them and remain appreciative of what we have.

Life goes on and we got to eat

Yes, no matter what happens, we have to eat to live and for us who loves to cook, we will always go back to the kitchen no matter what our emotional state is. Weekend was spent mostly watching basketball and hanging out with my cousins. I made tacos for lunch in soft and crunchy version. I wanted mine just topping my favorite tostadas- more like flat tostada salad with no beans and rice . I made the meat base from lean ground beef which I cooked with tomato paste, garlic, onion, hot sauce and chipotle peppers. Then we have sour cream, chopped avocados, cilantro, tomatoes and grated cheese.



I also cooked beef steak, Filipino style and meatballs in spicy sweet and sour sauce which I forgot to take pictures of. Then for dessert, I made cream cheese turon, fluffy strawberry angel food cake and honey crunch cake.




I'm trying to think of something I may have forgotten but this is as far as I can remember. Absent here I was for quite sometime but can't get past cooking. I have people to entertain and feed and it's something that I really love doing.

Comments

  1. I wanna be your guest someday and taste of this delicous foods. But they look like they have too much calori :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be honored! And don't worry, I try to maintain a balance in my ingredients. And one thing I can assure you, my desserts are just sweet enough, in fact-that's the reason why I bake my own stuff lol..... I'm in control ....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts