Revisiting an old favorite: Liverwurst and mayo sandwich


I can no longer remember the last time I had a bite of this sandwich which became an instant favorite of mine way back when I was starting to get hooked on John Sandford’s “Prey” series. For those who are not familiar with the name, he authored more than 15 books with “Prey” in the titles. I just checked his website and he’s coming out with the 20th a day before my birthday. I can only remember 15 maybe because those are the ones I’ve read. Anyway, the hero in the series is the Minneapolis cop, Lucas Davenport and his favorite is liverwurst and mayo sandwich. I just had to try it and when I did, I just loved it. But it’s been a while since I read his last novel and there came more books to read and more food to sample and I just sort of drifted away till one morning at the break room. A co-worker/close friend was making a sandwich and offered me one. It was a liverwurst and mayo sandwich. It was like seeing an old flame after so many years and realizing the feeling never died. Now it’s included in my quick fix list – not to be forgotten again.

Comments

Popular Posts