Spices of my life: #2 Pure Vanilla


This needs no introduction because this is probably the most used spice when it comes to baking and making sweets. It comes in different forms though and I have used most of them at some point or another. There are times when I'm content on just using the imitation kind when there are other ingredients that can offset that. But there are times when a recipe calls for the good or the pure kind and I am not settling for anything less lest I fail to achieve the right flavor or taste of a certain dessert or cake. I use it on cakes, cookies, pies and other baked goodies. In summer, it is an ever present ingredient in my fruit shakes or ice cream. I wonder what would a baker's or a pastry chef's life would be without vanilla in any form?

Comments

Popular Posts