Break from the kitchen and a prayer

It’s a rainy hump day here in So Cal and there’s more coming later and tomorrow but I’m not complaining. How can I? We people here in So Cal are blessed with the best weather I think and with everything that’s going on around the world, there’s so much to be grateful for.

Someone asked me what’s wrong with me. She noticed I haven’t been cooking and she said it’s so unlike me- who lives to cook in her opinion. I just want a little break and am more wary of what’s going on around us.

My heart goes out to the Haitians who are in the midst of what could be the biggest catastrophe in their lives. I look at the food we discard everyday not because they are spoiled but only because we’re tired of them and no one would touch it anymore and I tell myself, these could be put to use in Haiti right now where people are fighting over food to survive. So sad!

Let’s pray for them and be more appreciative of what we have and if we are experiencing some problems in our lives, just think about the people in Haiti; those who survived who are grieving over lost families with no roof on their heads and food in their mouths before they can even think about what the future holds for them.
But I will be back :-)

Comments

Popular Posts