More stuff from my kitchen

Thoughts of what I could make in the kitchen over the weekend helped me go through the guilty feeling of abandoning my calling… (To cook to please lol ... but I was so busy doing this and that the whole week) so now that the weeekend is here, I started the day with a big bowl of seafood ramyun which I nuked... hey, just warming up ha ha ha ha ha.....



Then I made menudo fried rice which should belong to the family of arroz ala valenciana. I marinated pork cubes in soy sauce, lemon juice and ground pepper then browned them and simmered in its own juice while I fry cubed potatoes, bell peppers and carrots. Then I mixed them all together and added raisins and bay leaves. When the menudo was completely dry, I added minced garlic and steamed white rice and salt to taste.... yummy!



Come to think of it, I did make something last Thursday night for dinner. Baby clams in cream sauce over a bed of spinach linguini and baby spinach. I cooked the spinach flavored linguini al dente and I made the sauce by sautéing minced garlic in a little canola oil and a little butter. Then I added sun dried tomatoes, chili flakes and my baby clams. Then I added a little broth, half and half and baby spinach. For the final touch, I grated fresh parmesan cheese on top for a scrumptious dinner.



For dessert, I made orange sponge cake from all purpose flour, eggs, granulated sugar, baking powder, orange zest and orange juice; baked at 350 degrees then dusted with confectioner's sugar. I probably ate a quarter of the whole cake while my co-workers feasted on the rest of the cake.

Comments

Popular Posts