Joining the French Macaron bandwagon Part 1



Always on a prowl for something hot, my cousin told me how cookie sandwich seems to be in lately. She was the one who told me to try making red velvet sandwich cookies and now these chocolate-filled goodies called French Macarons. I had to get almond meal from Trader Joe’s (fortunately, they carry the product otherwise I will have to make my own almond flour for the recipe) and the rest is just a breeze. I liked it and I’m pretty sure my cookie monster friends will too. You have to carefully measure your sugar though so the macarons do not end up too sweet. Remember that the chocolate filling is already sweet so there should be a right balance to it. Now I’m interested and I think I’m going to try other recipes to make my macarons better --- more of this later :-)

Comments

Popular Posts