August Firsts part 2

Blogging takes me to a strange territory although writing a journal isn't. It's the settings and layout that I need to be acclimated with and hopefully will have the time to do so. See, I need to do a part two lest I mess up what I did in the first part of this blog.

Anyway, I got so intrigued with the Italian dish called "timpano" which was posted in one of my favorite sites. I did my research and found out that it is done by layering pasta, different kinds of cheeses, assorted meats, and arrabiata sauce; encased in a dough and baked in a deep dish. I just knew I had to make one. I did my grocery shopping Friday and couldn’t wait for the weekend so I can try my hand on the dish. I also made my golf ball sized meatballs that night so I can make some headway.

The dish is an ambitious project that requires a lot of preparation so I just thought I’d have one item that needs to be cooked ready and just waiting to be used. Saturday, I just found out that one can never be completely ready in anything because I just realized that I don’t have a deep dish to use so I had to go to Target to look for a suitable one. To my disappointment, I couldn’t find anything but a medium sized glass oven proof dish so I had to settle for that and just did a medium sized timpano.
Here are the pictures of my first timpano. It’s not perfect because my dough did not come out really smooth- obviously, I did not do a good job with my dough and my meatballs are too big for my medium dish. My only consolation is the way my timpano tasted because it’s really delicious. I will definitely make it again and after understanding the dish, I can make my own recipe and use my own dough recipe as well.



I got my recipe from here

Comments

  1. Bravo!! I feel like a proud papa! I think it looks delicious.

    Steve www.tipsycook.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You really should be proud coz' it was delicious although the dough is not as perfect as yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts